Search This Blog

Youtube

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

It is sunnah to fasting on Monday and Thursday*



*It is sunnah to fasting on Monday and Thursday*

Abu Qatada Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Massenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about fasting on monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me. 
Sahih Muslim, Book 6, 2606

Umm Aayesha Radhi allahu anhu reports Rasool-Allah Sal-Allahu alaihi wasallam (often) gave importance to the fasting on Mondays and Thursdays
Jamia Tirmidhi , Book 3, 745-Hasan

Abu Hurairah Radiallahu anhu reports Rasool-Allah Sal-Allahu alaihi wasallam said: Deeds are presented (in front of Allah subhanahu on Mondays and Thursdays. I desire that my deeds be presented whilst I am fasting.
Jamia Tirmidhi , Book 3, 747-Hasan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Category