Search This Blog

Youtube

Monday, December 18, 2017

✦ Part 19 - Seerat un Nabee Sal-Allahu Alaihi Wasallam ✦ 1. Al-isra wa Al-Mairaj





Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

✦ Part 19 - Seerat un Nabee Sal-Allahu Alaihi Wasallam
✦ 1. Al-isra wa Al-Mairaj

Narrated `Abbas bin Malik Radi allahu anhu Malik bin Sasaa said that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) described to them his Night Journey saying, "While I was lying in Al-Hatim or Al-Hijr, suddenly someone (Gabriel ) came to me and cut my body open from here to here." I asked "What does he mean?" He said, "It means from his throat to his pubic area," or said, "From the top of the chest." The Prophet (ﷺ) further said, "He then took out my heart. Then a gold tray of Belief was brought to me and my heart was washed and was filled (with Belief) and then returned to its original place. Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me." (On this Al-Jarud asked, "Was it the Buraq, O Abu Hamza?" I (i.e. Anas) replied in the affirmative). The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight. I was carried on it, and Gabriel set out with me till we reached the nearest heaven. When he asked for the gate to be opened, it was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam It was asked, 'Has Muhammad been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened.

Sahih Bukhari, Book 58, 227

No comments:

Post a Comment

Category