Search This Blog

Youtube

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Part 23 - Seerat un Nabee Sal-Allahu Alaihi Wasallam ✦ 5. Al-isra wa Al-Mairaj



Bismillahirrahmanirrahim

✦ Part 23 - Seerat un Nabee Sal-Allahu Alaihi Wasallam
✦ 5. Al-isra wa Al-Mairaj 
--------------
✦ Musa Alaihi salam said go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers' burden.' So I went back, and Allah reduced ten prayers for me. Then again I came to Musa Alaihi Salam, but he repeated the same as he had said before. Then again I went back to Allah and He reduced ten more prayers. When I came back to Musa Alaihi Salam he said the same, I went back to Allah and He ordered me to observe ten prayers a day. When I came back to Musa Alaihi Salam, he repeated the same advice, so I went back to Allah 
and was ordered to observe five prayers a day.

✦ When I came back to Musa Alaihi Salam, he said, 'What have you been ordered?' I replied, 'I have been ordered to observe five prayers a day.' He said, 'Your followers cannot bear five prayers a day, and no doubt, I have got an experience of the people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel, so go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your follower's burden.' I said, 'I have requested so much of my Lord that I feel ashamed, but I am satisfied now and surrender to Allah's Order.' 
When I left, I heard a voice saying, 'I have passed My Order and have lessened the burden of My Worshipers.
Sahih Bukhari , Book 58, 227

✦ Anas bin Malik Narrated On the Night of isra, fifty prayers were made obligatory upon the Prophet. Then it was decreased until it was made five. Then it was called out: O Muhammad Sallallahu-Alaihi-Wasallam Indeed My Word does not change these five prayers will be recorded for you as fifty. 
Jamia Tiirmidhi , Book 2, 65-Sahih

No comments:

Post a Comment

Category